I have been making this recipe for parmesan chicken longer than any other. In fact it was the first dinner I ever cooked on my own. I was in a Food Fun class in middle school and one of our assignments was to cook dinner for our family. We had to present pictures and the recipe in a presentation to the class. (I wish I still had the pictures from then; they’re probably in a box at my parents house somewhere). It is really simple and easy to modify for variety.
I like to make an assembly line of my ingredients:
- Chicken (free-range, hormone free, on sale yay!),
- Two eggs, slightly beaten (I usually used a stick of butter, melted but I didn’t have any…),
- Some breading mixture (The original recipe 1/4 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs. I used 1/4 cup parmesan, 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs and some paprika, black pepper, salt, italian seasoning, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder… I didn’t really measure just added what I thought looked good… it was for science), and
- A greased baking dish,
- All lined up to next to the oven, pre-heated to 450.
- After baking 20 minutes remove from oven and pour marinara sauce over chicken and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve over spaghetti with more marinara sauce.
- Like I’ve said, use butter instead of eggs.