I love vegetables! I think they are crisp and refreshing and vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body. So add a few more to your diet throughout this, the 5th week on our journey toward wellness.
There are many ways you can introduce more veggies into your diet. I will list a few here but for a printable list you can hang on your refrigerator click here.
- Buy vegetables in season, when they are cheapest and at the peak of their flavor.
- Stock up on frozen veggies that are simply a microwave zap away from eating.
- Plan meals around vegetables, like a stir-fry, add other food to supplement.
- Try a veggie salad for a meal.
- Add shredded zucchini and carrots to meatloaf, casserole, quick bread and muffins.
- Make your vegetables more appealing by serving them with dip.